Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Tanner 1: Round 1


Ok, Tracie...ready for house 3?

Tracie: Wait, where's the picture?

What picture?

Tracie: The picture of everybody who lives in the house. How am I supposed to know who is who without a picture?

Oh, that...sorry, I forgot to take one before we got here. 

Tracie: So I'm just going in here blind?

It...makes for a fun challenge?



Tracie: Hi...(who are these people?)

(That's Russell and his daughter Jackie.)

Tracie: Hi, Russell and Jackie.

Jackie: Oh, great...I guess I should have known you'd get here eventually. Do us a favor and keep it down, would you? Some of us have to get some sleep.

Russell: Who are you talking to?

Jackie: Nobody, Dad...

Russell: It's the aliens again, isn't it?

Jackie: See what you started?



Jackie: Your grandfather was ranting about aliens last night?

Bree: I know. I heard him when he came in to go to bed.

Jackie: Hopefully we'll come into some money soon and you two can stop sharing a room.

Tracie: (These guys have money issues too?)

(Pretty much everybody does-at least those that came here after the earthquake.)



Tracie: But look, she's got a computer.

(Yes, but she's still sharing a bed with her grandfather...)

Bree: Um, look, Ms. Alien? Could you keep it down? I'm trying to chat with someone here.

(Looks like we've got our first romance blossoming...)



Tracie: (Again? She hasn't even left the house yet!)

(Well, it's still kind of chilly out. And that nightgown isn't exactly seasonally appropriate.)


Tracie: (...This is the last one, right? We've done summer, fall, winter, and now spring. There's no new seasons in this world?)

(Nope, this is it.)



Jackie: You know, after I get out of work and Bree is out of school, how about we got down to the festival and get our picture done?

Russell: No way! You know the aliens use the flash bulbs to find our location...

Jackie: Dad...there are no aliens here.

Tracie: (Should we tell them about that one we saw back at their neighbor's house?)

(No, I think that would send Russell over the edge.)


Trace: (Love Day?)

(Yup, the spring holiday.)


(Oh, boy...)

Tracie: Should we wake Russell?


(No need...)

Tracie: (Are they falling in love?)

(Not yet, but it sure does look like they're on their way.)

Russell: I knew it! I knew all along! Come in out of the rain...I'm sorry, what was your name?

Crypta: Crypta. But I must return to my home planet now. I will return.


Tracie: (How come she got promoted so much faster than Margaret Simpson?)

(Well, she's not taking care of five kids. She's got more time.)

Tracie: True.


Tracie: Waiting for the alien to come back?

Russell: She said she would return...tell me, are you two from the same planet?

Tracie: No...at least I don't think so. I'm not sure anymore.


Russell: I knew you'd come back! Here, I picked these Earth flowers for you...

Crypta: Oh, my...


Wow, I guess Earth flowers were the ticket in...

Tracie: I feel like I shouldn't be watching this...


Russell: Crypta, I know this is sudden but...will you marry me?

Tracie: (Oh, come on...there's no way those flowers were that nice...)


Crypta: Yes, I will. Let's do it right now...

Russell: Well, I was going to plan a party...

Crypta: No, that is not the way of my people. We prefer to confirm our union quickly.

Russell: Oh, I see...

Tracie: Um...congratulations?

Crypta: I see you have a pet disembodied voice. That will be quite amusing...

Tracie: Pet?


And there's your picture...are you happy now?

Tracie: I still would have preferred it at the beginning...


Tracie: Hey, they look kind of like they're about to...oh, we'd better go...

Yeah, we'd better.


Tracie: Oh, I almost forgot about Bree...

Bree: You're not the only one. I guess I'm sleeping on the couch now that Grandpa's married...


Well, at least the alien step-grandmother is contributing to the finances...


And it looks like Bree's got a little romance of her own...

Tracie: But they didn't even call the gypsy!

Tyler: Oh, jeez...you again? I thought I got rid of you.

Bree: Should we head down to the festival?

Tyler: Is she going to follow us?

Bree: I don't know...probably.


Tracie: Aww...

(Shh! You'll embarrass them.)


Tracie: Ok, seriously what is she doing that Margaret didn't do? I know she has more time because she doesn't have little kids, but come on...

Well, Jackie's kind of a workaholic...she doesn't get stressed out at work like Margaret does so her mood stays better.


Jackie: So, um...Crypta...what exactly are you doing?

Crypta: I am restoring my brain power...it is similar to what you humans call sleep.

Jackie: But...you're awake.

Crypta: Unlike humans my people do not need periods of unconsciousness to remain alert...where is the young one?

Jackie: She went on a date with her boyfriend...

(Maybe we should find them...this is getting weird.)


Tyler: Sorry about the rugrat...nobody else could watch him.

Bree: That's ok. What do you think of the art gallery?

Tyler: I have to admit I thought this would be kind of a lame date but this place is pretty cool.

Tracie: What kind of teenagers go on a date to an art gallery?


The ones that want to have their own gallery when they grow up. Looks like Bree chose a lifetime wish.


Bree: Aren't the stars magical?

Tyler: I guess. Man, it sure is getting hot out here...

Tracie: (Does that mean...)

(Yup, we're back to summer. Time to move on to the next house.)

Tracie: (But I want to see what happens with the alien!)

(Don't worry, I'm sure we'll see her around.)

A Message From the Mysterious Voice: I am really enjoying all these families so far. I wasn't planning on getting Russell (yes, I know I spelled his name wrong on the photos) married at all, but when the alien that showed up turned out to be a female elder I had to take the opportunity. Unfortunately because she's an elder there won't be any alien babies in this house, though. 

















0 comments:

Post a Comment