Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Greene 1: Round 1


Ready to start another summer, Tracie?

Tracie: Hard to believe we've gone through all four seasons already...I don't even feel any older.

Yeah, being a disembodied voice is weird like that. 

Tracie: Who's our next family?

Let's see...next up is the Greene family. There's the parents, David and Tabitha, and their two kids Leah and Cole.

Tracie: Wow...that's so normal...

Well, that's what David likes to believe anyway...



Leah: Mom, I'm hungry. Is breakfast ready yet?

Tabitha: Not yet...a few more minutes.

Tracie: These guys don't seem to be doing so bad...

Cole: Mom? I just heard a strange voice.

Tabitha: Don't worry about it, honey...she won't be around long.



David: So, we're just supposed to ignore this voice?

Tabitha: Yes, David...

David: How many things am I supposed to ignore here?

Leah: What are you talking about, Daddy?

David: Nothing...finish your breakfast.

Tracie: (What is he talking about?)

(Oh, you'll see...)


Tracie: I hope they're not over-scheduling him...

(I wouldn't worry about it with Cole...)


Tracie: Huh...that sounds interesting...

Wait until her first day tomorrow...


Tracie: So, did these guys just move here too?

Yeah, they haven't been here long. 

Tracie: Did they get hit by the earthquake?

No...

Tracie: Then why did they move?

David thought a change of scenery might be good for all of them...


Tabitha: Hi, there! I'm Tabitha Greene. I'm new in town and starting up an interior design business. I was wondering if you...

Amy: Honey, I'll tell you what...when I get some furniture in my house you can come and re-arrange it all you want to.


Tracie: Um...how was your first day of scouting?

Cole: Piece of cake. I'll be at the top level before you know it.


Rose: You must be the new doctor...

David: Well, I'm not much of a doctor yet, but...

Rose: You got anything for headaches? My daughter has this bird...


Tracie: Wait...what's this? I thought she would just go to work...

Nope...we get to go with her.

Tracie: How did I not see this coming?


Tracie: ...Wait, what's laundry?

Don't worry about it-it's really not necessary for you to know what laundry is. I don't even like that I know what laundry is.

Tracie: Laundry must be expensive...

Trust me, she'll have much less to work with when she actually gets there...


Looks like David is working late today...


Tracie: So you do the potion mixing stuff too, huh?

Tabitha: Yeah it kind of comes with the territory...

Tracie: What territory...wait a minute...


Tracie: You're a witch too?

Tabitha: Shh! David will be home soon...

Tracie: Don't tell me he doesn't know...

Tabitha: Oh, he knows...but he wishes he didn't. He made me promise to give it up when we moved here. 

Tracie: Is that...why you moved here?

Tabitha: Yes...he was mortified when the neighbors found out. He said he was doing it for the kids...to protect them. I don't know what he'll do if they start showing signs of it when they get older. Being magical is genetic, so there's a 50/50 chance.

Tracie: Don't you know by now? They're not exactly babies...

Tabitha: Most of the powers are latent until the teenage years.


Cole: Mom, I saw you doing witch stuff through the window...

Tabitha: I know, honey...

Cole: You promised Dad.

Tabitha: It's complicated, honey. You'll understand when you're older...


Looks like things are going well for David at work...


Tracie: Wait...they're at the beach?

Or the photo booth at the festival...Leisure Day must be here again...


Leah: Daddy, it's starting to rain...can Mommy use her magic to make it stop?

David: Shh! No, Leah. Come on, we're going home...hopefully nobody heard you say that.

Tracie: You know, David...your wife isn't the only one...

David: And let's hope that stupid voice stops following us!


Tracie: Man, this Marley Williams must really like Tabitha's work...


Hey, check it out...a rainbow.

Tracie: So? There's a rainbow over our town all the time.

Yes, but here rainbows are actually related to rain...


Marley: Ha, ha...you did it again. I swear, Tabitha...if I didn't know any better I'd say you were using some kind of witchcraft...

Tabitha: ...Witchcraft...ha...



Tracie: (How'd she get promoted? She's not at work.)

Tabitha: I heard that.

Tracie: Oops...so, um...where's David? Isn't he going to congratulate you?

Tabitha: He's outside with the telescope working on his logic skill.


David: What the...

Tracie: What's going on?


(It looks like David's wish for a normal life isn't going to come true anytime soon...)

Tracie: We don't have to leave right now, do we?

Well...we can hang out until he gets back, I guess.


Ahh, there they are...


(See, there he is...safe and sound.)

Tracie: Does this mean he's...you know...

Well, in your world it would...but in this one I'm not sure. We're going to have to keep an eye on him next time we're here, though.

Tracie: Man, why does everything always happen right when we have to leave?

Don't worry, we only have one more house to go before we get to start a new round.



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Is it just me, or are aliens in TS3 very...common? We've gone through 5 lots so far, and I think an alien as made an appearance on 4 of them in one form or another. I don't think David is pregnant (it is not a sure thing like it was in TS2) but hopefully being abducted will change his attitude about his wife's witchcraft. As for whether Leah and Cole inherited their mother's magic...you'll just have to wait and see. 















0 comments:

Post a Comment