Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Morgandorffer 1: Round 1



Ok...Tracie, you still with me?

Tracie: I think so...I'm feeling a little woozy.

Don't worry, that will pass after a few minutes. Anyway, see that tiny house down there?

Tracie: Yes...

That's the Morgandorffer's house. They're our first family. Ok, let's head down and...

Tracie: Wait!

What?

Tracie: Isn't there some kind of backstory I should know about?

Hmm, well...the family is made up of Rose and her two daughters...

Tracie: Daughters? But isn't Rose a little, um...old to have daughters that young?

Not in this world she isn't. I told you, this place works a little differently than your town. Anyway Rose's two daughters are named Alexa and Riley. Alexa's a bit of a loner, while Riley seems to only befriend animals. They had to move to Exception Rise after one of the earthquakes destroyed their former home.

Tracie: Wow, that's terrible...

I know. So, you ready for your first narrating job?

Tracie: I guess...

Alright, down we go...



(Say something...)

Tracie: Um, hi there!

Rose: What the...who's there?

Tracie: I'm Tracie, I'm the, um...

(Neighborhood guardian)

Tracie: Neighborhood guardian?

Rose: What the heck is a neighborhood guardian?

Tracie: I'm here to help you...um, what are you doing?

Rose: If you must know, I'm practicing my magic.

Tracie: Magic?

(I forgot to tell you, the Morgandorffers are witches...)

Tracie: What!?

Rose: Magic...you know, for a "neighborhood guardian" you're not really with the program...


Tracie: Wow, you weren't kidding...

(Say hello to Alexa...)

Tracie: Hi, Alexa...

Alexa: Um...hi.

Tracie: Enjoying that broom?

Alexa: I guess...I have to go...

Tracie: Go? Where are you...

Alexa: Nowhere...

Tracie: (Where is she going?)

(I don't know, let's follow her...)

Tracie: (Follow her?)

(Come on...)

Tracie: (Whoa!)



Ahh, Alexa was getting her first job...

Tracie: ...How did she do that? She's not near a computer.

She went to the bookstore and applied...

Tracie: ...Huh?

I told you, things work differently here.

Tracie: No kidding...wait, bookstore?

Yes...

Tracie: They have to buy books? They don't just...come with the bookshelf?

Nope.

Tracie: Man, these people do need help...


Tracie: So you're going to work at the bookstore?

Alexa: Yeah...

Tracie: What are you going to be doing?

Alexa: Stuff...

(Alexa's not much of a talker...)

Tracie: (No kidding...)


(Ok, back to the house...)

Tracie: (I thought this wooziness would go away...)

Riley: Mom, can we get a dog?

Rose: No, honey...we don't have the money right now. 

Riley: But I want to have a friend...

Rose: You'll make new friends at school tomorrow.


Tracie: I'm guessing that you and your sister don't get along...

Riley: Not really...wait...who are you?

Tracie: I'm the neighborhood guardian...

Riley: Oh, ok...

Tracie: (Phew, that was easier)

(Yeah, the kids tend to go with the flow more...)



Tracie: ...doing some reading?

Rose: Oh, you again...actually, I'm researching alchemy.

Tracie: Oh, of course...alchemy...(what's alchemy?)

(It means she's learning to mix potions...but they call the elixirs.)

Tracie: Shouldn't you, maybe, get a regular job too?

Rose: You think I'm just going to let us go broke?

(Well, she did buy a freaking alchemy station with what money they had...)

Tracie: Of course not...just making a suggestion...



Rose: See, here I go neighborhood guardian, off to get a...ooh, what's this? I could make a great elixir with one of these...

Tracie: (What is that thing?)

(It's a bug.)

Tracie: (Why is she picking it up instead of calling the exterminator? These people are weird.)



Tracie: Getting yourself some juice?

Riley: No, I'm having soup.

Tracie: But you're a kid!

Riley: Yeah, so? I can make a bowl of soup. You don't need the stove for that.

Tracie: Where's your mom?

Riley: She went to work...she got a job at the restaurant.



Rose: The bookstore called and said you were 3 hours late to work...and your shift was only 5 hours long to begin with.

Alexa: I had to stay late at school to fix the boiler...they'll give me money for it tomorrow.

Rose: Your job is not to fix the school boiler. Your job is to go ring people out at the bookstore. You need to be making connections in this town, Alexa. You can't avoid people your entire life! One day you're going to be working with people and you're going to have to learn how to get along with them.

Alexa: I can get along with people fine. But I'm never going to be Miss Popularity, Mom! Why can't you just accept that? 


Tracie: (So, does this town rely on kids for all these types of jobs? It seems like it should be the teacher's job to bring the permission slips...)

(No, the adults have their share of inappropriate tasks too.)


Tracie: What's a field trip?

(It's where the school takes the kids to someplace else for the day.)

Tracie: Oh...ok, sure, I guess...


Riley: Look, Tracie! I found a ladybug! Can you see it?

Tracie: Yeah, I can see it. That's...great.

Riley: How come you can see me but I can't see you?

Tracie: Um, I'm...magic?

Riley: Hey, I'm magic too! 

Tracie: Small world...



Tracie: What are you doing?

Riley: Alexa told me there were monsters under my bed...

Tracie: ...

(This would be where you tell her there aren't any monsters, Tracie...)

Tracie: (I'm not so sure about that myself. There's witches in this town, why wouldn't there be monsters?)



Rose: Did you do your homework?

Alexa: We're going to the theater today, remember?

Rose: What? I didn't hear anything about that...did you forge my signature on the permission slip?

Alexa: That creepy voice signed it...

Tracie: Uh-oh...

Rose: I'd appreciate it if you'd leave the parenting decisions to me...whatever your name was...


Tracie: Hey, nice going...

Rose: Thank you.

Tracie: But how are you just learning about magic now? Haven't you been a witch your entire life?

Rose: Not that it's any of your business, but we were never able to use our magic in our former town. The others...didn't take kindly to it.


Tracie: Huh? What is Leisure Day?

(Didn't you read the annoying box? It's a day where you can take a break from work or school and relax.)

Tracie: Where do these boxes come from, anyway? Do you see these when you come visit our town?

(Yup, but much less. Hurry up, the family just went to the festival! We've got to follow them.)

Tracie: Fisti-what?


(This is the summer festival. Every season these guys have a big celebration in the middle of town.)

Tracie: Man, these guys leave their houses a lot more than we do...

Riley: Come on, Alexa! Let's play soccer...

Alexa: No, I'm just going to go chill over there until it's time to go home...

Riley: You never want to do anything fun!

Tracie: She's a teenager, Riley. It's part of the package.


Tracie: I wouldn't have thought Rose would be such a contender in the hot dog eating contest...


Tracie: What happened to you?

Riley: I just got my face painted!

Tracie: It's...nice...


Tracie: What are you doing, Rose?

Rose: Just contemplating the hollowness of life...

(Always a fun activity at the summer festival...)

Tracie: (Hey, I just noticed this but...whatever happened to the girls' father?)

(I don't know either; he was gone when they got here...but I don't think now's the right time to ask.)


Tracie: Where do you have there?

Riley: Shh! I bought myself a popsicle without asking mom...it wasn't very much money anyway but I can't let her see...



Tracie: You're eating it in the bathroom?

(You shouldn't talk...you guys do all sorts of odd things in the bathroom too...)


Tracie: I see you found Alexa...

Alexa: Check out this bird...Riley, don't! It will fly away if you get too close...


Alexa: What the...

Riley: Pretty birdy...do you want to come home with me?

Alexa: Mom is never going to let you keep that thing...where is she, anyway?

Riley: I'm going to run home and hide my new bird before she gets there!


Tracie: You know, somehow I think your mother is going to find out about the exotic bird in your bedroom...

Riley: I know...But maybe when she sees how well I take care of it she'll let me keep it.

Tracie: Where did you get the money for the bird tree?

Riley: Selling all the bugs I've been finding...



Tracie: Trying to adopt your own pet?

Alexa: It's hailing out...I just wanted to bring it inside until it stops.

Tracie: Do you really think bringing a cat into your house with your sister's new bird is a good idea?

Alexa: (sigh) Well, it's running away now anyway. Thanks, neighborhood guardian...

Tracie: I don't think it ran away because of me...what's that noise?


Tracie: (What the heck is that?)

(That's an alien...)

Tracie: (You mean they actually walk around here?)

(Yup.)

Tracie: (Wait...are these the same aliens that abduct us?)

(I don't know. Maybe.)

Tracie: (So there's a chance this is Harmonica Martin's "father")

(...I guess there is a chance. I never thought of that before.)


Riley: Can you say "Riley?"

Tracie: How do you know that bird can talk?

Riley: I looked it up in the library at school today during recess.

Tracie: Didn't you want to go outside and play?

Riley: No, none of the other kids ever want to play with me.


Tracie: So are you an...alchemist...too?

Alexa: Um, I guess. It's kind of part of being a witch...oops!

Tracie: Oops what?

Alexa: I really don't like to use the w-word...


Riley: It's your turn to do the dishes.

Alexa: It is not. 

Riley: I did them last night...

Alexa: We ate soup of of the can last night-there were no dishes. 

Riley: I still threw the cans away. 


Tracie: Finally, something's going right around here.

(Yup. And...it's Fall!)

Tracie: What does that mean?

(It means it's time to move on to the next house.)

Tracie: Oh, right...well, I guess I'll see you guys next round! (Man, it's so cool saying that!)


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Well, Exception Rise is off to an OK start...like I said, this blog is more of an experiment than a challenge. Prosperity in TS2 is more about starting a new town from scratch and watching it grow, but in TS3 that doesn't really work. So far using AwesomeMod to make my 6 houses "sacred" i.e. immune to story progression is working out well. And I really like having a TS2 Sim narrate-it made it easier to introduce an entire new set of characters.

As far as this family goes, they grew on my throughout the week/season. I haven't done much with Supernatural beyond vampires so getting to play a bit with witches was a nice change of pace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment