Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Simpson 1: Round 1


Ok, Tracie. We're here at the Simpson house now.

Tracie: Man, there are a lot of them!

Yup. Margaret's sure got her hands full.

Tracie: Margaret's the mom?

Yeah. Her husband left her, and then proceeded to spread some...unkind rumors around their former town. She was left with no choice but to take the kids and move. Fortunately, her two oldest Tyler and Jenna are a bit older. But there's still the twins Chloe and Zoe, and of course baby Kyle.

Tracie: Wow...



Tracie: Hi, guys!

Tyler: Ugh, it's that stupid voice again. I thought you were following that family down the street. 

Tracie: I was...

Tyler: What did you come over here for? We're miserable enough without some disembodied voice...

Margaret: Tyler! That's enough.

Tracie: Well you guys seem to be doing better than the Gellers...

Tyler: Yeah, right...a two bedroom house for 5 kids...

Margaret: We could have either had a small house with furniture or a bigger house that was completely empty. I thought it was more important that they had beds than bedrooms.



Tracie: So where are you guys sleeping?

Jenna: Well, the twins and Kyle are all crammed into that tiny second bedroom. Tyler and I are sharing this bunk bed...in the living room. 

(Isn't being the oldest great?)

Tracie: Are you ok with that?

Jenna: Well, what choice do I have? I won't pretend that having to share a bunk bed with my brother in high school is the best scenario, though.



(Well, hopefully things will get better around here soon. Margaret's going into business...)


Tyler: Ugh...I don't feel so great...



Tyler: This sucks! This is why I'm sick! The little germ bomb should be in his own room...

Jenna: Will you shut up already? You whining isn't making any better. Why don't you just change him  so we can go back to sleep?

Tyler: I'm not changing him. You change him.



Tracie: Don't tell me you're making breakfast too...

Jenna: Mom starts work today, and she's running late.

Tracie: Why?


Tracie: Oh...I see.

Chloe: Oops...



Tracie: How was your first day of work?

Margaret: (sigh) I barely made anything, and my next promotion is much farther off than I thought. 

Tracie: Yeah, I've noticed that. You guys seem to get promoted much slower here than we do...

Margaret: Than you do where? Where are you from, anyway?

Tracie: Um...

(Distract her!)

Tracie: How's the little guy doing learning to talk?

Margaret: Oh, he's learned a bunch of words already...I'm really trying to make sure this move doesn't hold him back too much. He's already walking!

Tracie: I noticed that too.


Tracie: A snow day? So these kids are going to be stuck in this house all day?

(Well, they're not exactly stuck in the house...)

Tracie: (We have to follow them again, don't we?)

(We probably will...)


(Looks like Jenna's getting a job first.)

Tracie: (I don't blame her. I'd want to get out of the house too if I were her.)


Tracie: (Another festival?)

(Uh-huh...)

Tracie: (And since it's a snow day someone's probably going there now?)

(Yup. Jenna's taking the twins. Hang on...)


Chloe: I'm going to fall!

Zoe: Me too!

Tracie: Where's your sister?

Chloe: Whoa...she's over there!


Tracie: Wow! Never took you for a snowboarder!

Jenna: Me either...



Zoe: Man, it's a mess in here...

Chloe: Well, you know we could clean...

Zoe: (sigh) I guess we could...



Tracie: Uh-oh...caught your brother's cold?

Jenna: I guess. Not too surprising given our living situation right now.



Tracie: Snowflake Day?

(Yeah, it's kind of like Christmas.)

Tracie: (That day when you make us all stand in one big group? Why would they have that here?)

(Um...you know, I'm not sure.)


Tracie: (Uh-oh...that cold is spreading.)



Tracie: Another one of those field trip things?

(Yup, those things are pretty common around here.)



Tracie: (Maybe some overtime will help her get a promotion.)

(I hope so...)


Margaret: Finally! I'm so glad that day's over.

Tracie: Shouldn't you be going home?

Margaret: But I'm so stressed out! I just need to do something fun.



(Looks like the kids aren't going on that field trip after all...)

Tracie: Man, these kids have gone to like one day of school this week...


Zoe: You will all kneel before me!

Tracie: (What is she doing?)

(She's playing Queen. For some reason the game requires a haircut.)


Zoe: I will bring you water and end the drought...aah! Tyler! Mom, Tyler made the sink explode all over the kitchen!

Tracie: (These kids need to go back to school.)


(Unfortunately that's not happening today. Happy Snowflake Day.)

Tracie: (Margaret gets the day off work too?)

(Yup, but that's not all...)



Tracie: Holiday bonuses? Why don't we have those?

Because you need to have holidays first.


Tracie: Waffles?

Margaret: I always make them on Snowflake Day. I'm trying to keep the day special for them.

Tracie: What are you doing?

Margaret: Well, we're going to the festival later on this morning, and I have a surprise for them when we get home.


Margaret: Come on, guys. We're going to get our picture taken first. Then you can all go do what you want.


Tracie: Aww, that's cute...not to mention it seems a lot easier than what you make us do every year.

Don't remind me.


Chloe: Ha Ha! You can't hit me!

Tracie: Shouldn't you guys have coats on?

Zoe: We're not cold yet!


Tracie: That didn't last very long...

Chloe: It got colder when the sun went down. Check it out-I can skate backwards now!

Tracie: Cool!

Margaret: Come on, guys! Time to go home! I have a surprise for you!


Tyler: Hey, check it out! We have bedrooms! Not to thrilled about the kiddie walls, but it's better than what we had.

Tracie: Won't you be going to college soon anyway?

Tyler: What's that?

Tracie: You guys don't have...

(Not yet they don't, and I'm still figuring out how we're going to follow them there. Just don't mention it for right now.)


Tracie: Well at this rate they'll never get into college anyway...

Jenna: Whatever. I'm going back to bed.


Tracie: Finally! Why does this take them so long?

Jobs are harder here than where you are.


Tracie: (sigh) We have to follow people again, don't we?

Glad you're starting to catch on.


Tracie: We have to follow them both?

No, we're just following Margaret to the party. We'll worry about Zoe finding gems tomorrow...


Margaret: Thank you so much for inviting me!

Elias: Well, it's my way of congratulating you on your promotion. You know, Lucy's outside...

Tracie: (Who's Lucy?)

(Her boss.)



Margaret: Thank you so much for the promotion!

Lucy: Oh, don't mention it. You deserved it. Now, do you want to join the contest?

Margaret: Contest?

Lucy: We're having a snowman building contest.

Margaret: Oh...you know, I'd love to but I really have to get home to the kids.


(Looks like they're having a good time...)

Tracie: (Wait...what's that brown thing?)

(That would be a horse.)

Tracie: (Horse? There are horses here? How come we don't have horses?)

(Oh, here we go...)


Margaret: Yes! Good boy, Kyle!

Tracie: He's finally potty trained?

Margaret: Finally!


(And before we go, it looks like Zoe chose a lifetime wish...)

Tracie: (But...she's just a little girl. How can she have a lifetime wish already?)

(The people here are more decisive about what they want. They can choose a lifetime wish much younger than you guys do.)

Tracie: (Well, if she wants to rescue animals, that means we'll get to see more of those horses, right?)

(Probably, but not for awhile. I feel spring in the air-time to move on to the next house.)


A Message from the Mysterious Voice: As much as I love TS3's winter, the snow days are a bit much. These kids went to school for all of one day out of this week between the snow days and the holiday. And these guys should be a fun experiment during round two, after Sims 3 University comes out. I still haven't figured out how that's going to work...


















0 comments:

Post a Comment